Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lemon Herb Duck Breast

With the second couple of Ducks that we harvested I wanted to try an encrusted breast, so I looked around and found a recipe that I could work with. I found one called Lemon Herb Duck Breast online that I changed to meet my personal preferences, the recipe originally called for Rosemary, but since I don't car for that taste I left it out. The way I prepared it is as follows.
1 cup fresh chopped Parsley
2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
2 Tablespoons Grated Lemon Zest
4 Tablespoons Crushed Black Peppercorns
4 Tablespoons Dried Thyme
2 Whole Duck Breasts Split and Skinned
Salt
Combine parsley, garlic, lemon zest, pepper, and thyme in a bowl. Roll duck pieces in herb mixture to coat all over. Put oil in a large sauté pan, and turn heat to medium-high. When oil shimmers add duck, and reduce heat to medium. Cook, turning once, until coating browns and duck is medium-rare to medium, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Season meat with salt, and let it rest for a few minutes. Slice and serve.
I was asked why do I slice it before serving and the best answer I could come up with is for dental safety, trust me it hurts biting into a piece of steel shot. That and it looks nice I think.
I went out again this morning and have a couple more ducks to try a different recipe on, so I will be talking to you all again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment