Monday, September 27, 2010

Pub Mix Chicken with Spinach and Balsamic Salad




Wow, it has been a while hasn't it. I guess I ran into kind of a slump, I have been making the same things over and over again. But tonight I had an idea for a good breading on chicken, and since the Bears were playing the Packers and dad was coming over to watch, I figured why not try it out. We but this mixture to snack on called Utz Pub Mix, it is a mixture of a bunch of snack foods, like pretzels and cheese crackers.
I took a bunch of this and put it in a food processor and ground it up to a powder. Next I took some skinless, boneless chicken breasts and dipped them into a some eggs I had beat together, then rolled them in the powder. I put the chicken into a baking dish I had coated with cooking spray. Put that in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
I also made a quick salad, for this i used baby spinach leafs, sweet bell peppers cut into pieces, and cherry tomatoes from our garden, cut in half. For the dressing on this I tossed it with a little extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar.
Any way that is about it for now, lets hope that it is not such a long time between posts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment