Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Baked Ziti


Hey everyone hope you all are doing well. The other night I wanted to try something a little different from Spaghetti that we always have, and then I remembered one of my favorite TV shows "The Soprano's". Carmella always made Baked Ziti, and I had some Ziti Noodles in the pantry, how hard can it be. Well honestly the one I made was pretty easy. I had a couple packages of Hillshire Farms Italian Sausages, the ones with cheese inside. So i cut those up into bite size slices and browned them in a skillet, in another pot I made my usual base tomato sauce(here is a link), I left out the ground beef, but I suppose you could leave it in to make it extra meaty. I boiled the Ziti Pasta for about 7 minutes til it was al dente ( firm but not hard), this is important because we are going to bake this for a few more minutes and we don't want to over cook the pasta. I added every thing together and put it in a 13x9 cake pan, covered with shredded Mozzarella. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes to finish off the pasta and melt the cheese. After I made this I went online and found a real recipe for Baked Ziti, and the only thing I did wrong was not put cheese in the mixture, I just had it on top. Oh well it was still pretty darn good, and next time it will be just that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment