Sunday, October 10, 2010

Roasted Chicken Two Ways


Hi folks, tonight we decided to do roasted chicken, Tanya wanted a Bar-B-Que flavor and I wanted a Garlic and Herb seasoned so why not do two. I started out with two whole fryer chickens, about 5 pounds a piece. On Tanya's I used a mesquite spice rub, you can pick this up at most grocery stores. Just wash the chicken and give it a good rub down.
Then I moved on to mine, a couple of tablespoons of soft butter, mixed with a teaspoon of minced garlic, a pinch of fresh dill weed, a pinch of oregano, and a pinch of basil. Then give it a good rub down with about half of the butter mixture. Then I gave it a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
I put them in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, then took them out for a quick basting. On the BBQ one I just brushed on some regular BBQ sauce, for the garlic herb I used a little more of the butter mixture. Then i repeated the basting procedure every fifteen minutes until the birds had an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
These both tasted great, I usually don't care for BBQ flavor on things, especially chicken but if i peeled the skin off, there was just a hint of mesquite flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment