Thursday, January 13, 2011

French Cut Pork Roast

Well it has been a long, long time, but I am back. A few changes have gone on causing me less time to cook and to post my recipes. I no longer work at The Knitting Factory, which is a good thing I think... I don't worry about not working enough to pay bills, but on the other hand I work too much. But anyway, here is what we had for dinner tonight. I got a French Cut Pork Roast, I put a mixture of
3 Tbsp of Oregano
3 Tbsp of Basil
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp of Black Pepper
1 Package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
I mixed this in a bowl and then put the roast in a cake pan. Next I spread the mixture over the roast.I put the roast in the oven at 350 degrees for about one hour and fifteen minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees in the center of the roast. Then I let the roast rest for fifteen minutes. And now for my favorite part, stand the roast upright and cut between the ribs and make yummy steaks for every one. I topped mine with a little Balsamic Vinaigrette, which gave the meat a little bit of a bite.Well I have to go back to work in the morning, so I hope to try and write more on the weekends, but I work those now. But if everything works out in the next few weeks, I will have a post about our Super Bowl party (thinking Chicago Style Pizza, Brats and Beer...Go Bears).

No comments:

Post a Comment