Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Mac N Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf


Meatloaf is a meat dish consisting of ground meat (usually ground beef or a combination of ground beef, lamb or pork), which is formed into the shape of a loaf and either baked or smoked. It has European roots, minced meat loaves have been prepared since the 5th century. Traditionally it is a German, Belgian or Dutch dish. Many Meatloaf recipes can also be a traded off for a Meatball recipe. But my recipe is wrapped with Bacon and stuffed with Mac N Cheese. The recipe calls for your basic Meatloaf seasoning package,a box of Mac and Cheese, and a package of Bacon. I put a layer of bacon across the bottom of my loaf pan.
Then I put half of the prepared meat in the pan, then a thick layer of Macaroni and Cheese, the put the rest of the meat on top of that and pat it down so it all forms a nice loaf. Next I cover the top of the loaf with bacon so it is completely surrounded with pork goodness. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Quick safety note, put your loaf pan on a cookie sheet or in a cake pan, the Bacon grease will drip everywhere (I started a little fire in the oven on this one, haha).

2 comments:

  1. Geez! You make me hungry first thing in the morning! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rex said try it with mozzerella in the middle instead.

    ReplyDelete