Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Turtle Burgers


Tonight I made the kids Turtle Burgers. It took them a while to actually eat them (they thought they were made out of turtle meat). The hardest part about making these was the bacon shell, For that I just wove a couple strips of bacon, this took some patience and a stead hand, but i think it was worth it in the end. For the legs, head, and tail I used Lil' Smokies, the original pictures I saw of this used Hot Dogs, but all I had here was quarter pound franks. The rest of it is just a hamburger patty. After I put them together I put them on a cookie sheet with a cooling rack on it.

I think I am going to buy a Broiling Pan for next time, I think it will be easier to cook and remove them from the pan that way. My sister and I have been discussing different variations of these, and I hope she does the breakfast version, with ground sausage, cocktail weenies, and bacon, on a bed of biscuts and gravy. Oh my now I am hungry again. Well off to bed for the night, good cooking all.

No comments:

Post a Comment