Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bacon Meatloaf

Well tonight, I decided to make a Meatloaf, and after my last one I thought that bacon was a good idea to include. Only problem is I did not take any pictures to post, but we all know what a meatloaf looks like. I also ran out of eggs and did not feel like running to the store so i used a package of meatloaf seasoning we had in the cupboard, I know kind of cheating, but I added to it so there is a recipe in here. So here it is:
2 pounds ground beef
1 package bacon
1 package meatloaf seasoning
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp ground mustard seed
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp A1 steak sauce
1 cup water
The reason I used the packaged seasoning is it has a dry binder in it that takes the place of the egg. Cut the Bacon into small pieces and fry in a skillet until almost crispy. Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, drain the bacon and add mix again. Put into a loaf pan( I finally found one for meatloaf that has two pans, one with holes in it to drain off the excess fat) put into a 350 degree oven for about an hour. This turned out really good and I am sure it will become a part of our regular dinner rotation. Speaking of dinner rotations, I think that I am running out of things to cook, so I would like some ideas. If you have any recipes you would like to share send them to me and I will do it, and in the meantime I will dig out the cookbook my Grandmother gave me for Christmas a few years ago(yeah right more like a decade ago, man I think I am getting old). I think it has some old family recipes in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment