Sunday, January 16, 2011

BLT Bites


Hello again all, quite a day today, the Bears are one step closer the big game and I am up late again with a three year old who will not go to bed. I thought I would take the chance to share one of my appetizer recipes. Tonight is will be BLT Bites, these taste great but are kind of a pain to make. You will need...
1 Pound of Grape Tomatoes
1 Package of your favorite Bacon
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley or Cilantro depending on your taste
I have to put that on there because Tanya hates Cilantro, so a lot of the time I use Parsley in its place. First step is the pain part, cut your Tomatoes in half and then use a paring knife to hollow then out so they are like little bowls. Second, fry up your bacon to how you like it (I prefer crispy bacon over soft bacon), then if you have a food processor grind it up till it looks like bacon bits. Then in a medium mixing bowl mix together the Parsley, Mayo, and Bacon. Next just fill your tomato bowls with the mixture. I have thought about adding bread crumbs to this to see if it would give a BLT sandwich flavor, but once again it has been a while since I have really spent some time in the kitchen. I mean Mom and Dad got me an awesome food processor for Christmas and the only thing I have done with it is shred some cheese for tacos. Christy has sent me some Moosetard from Alaska to try and I can't wait till Wednesday night when we try Salmon with Dill Moosetard. Thanks Christy, also I will get some pictures of my new Ulu she is sending me too. Well I think that is about it for tonight... Eat Happy

1 comment:

  1. Gonna try these and your welcome!!! Sending Ulu and a couple other things I got for you on Tuesday... Gotta wait for holiday to get over with to get to post office!

    ReplyDelete