Monday, January 24, 2011

Moosetard Salmon


Hello once again friends, tonight I am going to write about a dinner I made a few nights ago. I did a steamed Sockeye Salmon Fillet, which is something that we usually do for dinner, but this time instead of using a slice of lemon and some baby dill weed, I used a mustard that my sister sent to me from Alaska. The brand is Moosetard, and they offer a wide variety of flavorful gourmet mustards on their website www.moosetard.com. Christy wanted to get me some so she had me go to their site and pick two flavors, I chose Alaskan Wildfire and Dineega Dill.
They came in a nice little gift pack with an Alaskan Birchwood Spreader, which I thought was really cool. Reading on the site it said the dill flavor pairs well with salmon so I figured why not give it a try. I was interesting, the dill flavor was perfect and the mustard seeds was a taste that i would not have normally put with fish but I enjoyed it. I prepared it by spreading it over the fillets before I steamed them, then laying a small lemon slice over that.
I steamed that for about 15 minutes in my bamboo steamer, you will know when its ready when the salmon turns from red to pink. I also was in a sea food mood that night so i pan seared a few scallops seasoned with just a touch of salt, then drizzled with aged balsamic. The green beans were steamed then tossed with a pat of butter and some lemon pepper. Well that's about it for tonight, another package arrived from Alaska today and it has an Alaskan knife called an Ulu in it, I am going to do my best to learn to use it and not cut off a finger, I will post the results of that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment