Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer time is here

Yea summertime is upon us, and that means fairs and festivals around these parts, and that means one thing to me... fair food. Tanya and I went to the Emmett Cherry Festival today and had a great time.


For lunch I had Pulled Pork and Baked Beans, which were pretty good. The pork was cooked perfectly, nice and tender. The beans were good but tasted like they were fresh out of the can, with out any seasoning. The only real problem I had was the lack of sauce on the pork, it had a good smoked taste that you can only get from a proper low and slow cooking, but i always like to finish mine off with some Bar-B-Que sauce.
Tanya had probably the best lunch. Elk Finger Steaks from Black Canyon Elk Ranch in Emmett. These were very tender, cooked well and had that gamey elk taste, which I was concerned that it would be missing since it is farm raised elk. But they do not feed them with grain or corn, they grow their own alfalfa and use that for feed. Best news is they have an online store and deliver in the valley with a $50.00 minimum purchase. Their site address is www.blackcanyonelk.com. I think i will be ordering the Frenched Rack of Elk to try my Rack of Lamb recipe on.

No comments:

Post a Comment