Monday, June 28, 2010

Mac and Cheese Dog Casserole


My sister has been in town for the last week, and unfortunately I did not get to spend a lot of time with her because of work. But the first night she was in town we went over to visit and we were discussing making dinner, I had said something about having more hot dogs than I knew what to do with, and Eric, her husband, said we should get the recipe for Mac and Cheese Dog Casserole. Now I know what you are thinking, the same thing I thought when I heard it. Recipe for Mac and Cheese with Hot Dogs? There is no recipe for it. But i was proven wrong, she said she got it from... it almost pains me to say it... Rachel Ray. It could not have been any other chef could it, maybe a Guy Fieri, Michael Simon, or I would even take a Bobby Flay (you can't grill mac and cheese so I guess it could not be him). But when Christy told me the ingredients, I had to try it. There was Mustard, Ketchup, and most importantly Beer in it. I wont type it all out but here is a link to the recipe. My biggest complaint was it was kind of bland, so i would suggest a darker beer, I used Corona, and also and some minced garlic to the onions about a minute before you add the flour to the onions. Next time I am going to use an Italian Bread Crumb and Parmesan mix to top it, so it has a crunchy layer on top to add some texture. If you guys try it and find a good cure for the blahs, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment