Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sweet Tasty Savory Redemption


Tonight's dinner was really, really good. I think mostly because I screwed up last nights dinner so bad. I don't know what to even title this dish, it is like a Shepard's Pie, but no veggies in it. For this one you will need
2 pounds Ground Beef
3 cloves Minced Garlic
6 Green Onions finely diced
2 packages Brown Gravy Mix
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Onion Salt
4 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese1 Box of any instant mashed potatoes ( I use generic five cheese flavor)
Brown the Ground Beef with the Garlic and Green Onions. Add the Gravy mix, Onion Salt and water, let simmer until it thickens. Mix the Potatoes according to directions on the box. Spoon the Beef mixture into a casserole dish and lightly pack down. Evenly spread the potatoes over the Beef, then top with the Shredded Cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Well that about does it for tonight, having a yard sale this weekend and need to get to bed early.

1 comment:

  1. I have made this dish several times and it is yummy...It was also my grandpa's favorite...I don't know if it had an official name but we always called it hamburger with mashed potatoes on top.....sounds elegant huh ...

    ReplyDelete