Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Did somebody say Bacon Cookies... Oh Hell Yeah


Thats right I said it, then I did it...Bacon Sugar Cookies. I got the idea after hearing about Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland Oregon, they have a Bacon Maple Bar, and I thought why not. I used the sugar cookie recipe I posted a few days ago (see building our garden), then I made a maple frosting using 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, 1/3 cup maple syrup, and 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream, whisked together. I cooked bacon on cooling racks (thank you honey) sat inside cake pans so the fat drips off in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes, then finely diced it. After the cookies have cooled I frosted them with the new frosting spreader (thanks again honey) I got for my anniversary present, then sprinkled the diced bacon bits over them.
You may also notice I am using a new rolling pin (thanks Shanna), now i just have to make Enchiladas in a few weeks. Seems like a fair trade to me. Well that is it for tonight, see you all soon.

2 comments:

  1. Everything is better with bacon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot of the rolling pin! Glad you can use it and even more glad to hear you mentioning that you will make me some enchiladas!!! Soooo looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete