Monday, July 12, 2010

Man, I thought this was going to be easy




Well you may have noticed I have not written in a while, and I am sorry for that, but I am back. Sometimes I just cant think of anything to write about so I just skip it, then days turn to weeks, you all know the routine ( see my work out schedule for more examples).
Ok back to food, I am sitting here trying to figure out the recipe for those super moist sugar cookies with the yummy pink frosting and sprinkles, you know the ones you buy at Wal-Mart. Anyway I figured I would take this chance to catch you all up on what I have been up to. For my birthday mom got me a bamboo steamer, and I am loving it. The first thing I made was Steamed Lemon Herb Shrimp. Pretty simple recipe you need:
1 package uncooked shrimp the 25-35 per pound size works nice
2 lemons
whatever herbs you like on seafood, I used Dill
Arrange the Shrimp in a single layer, you can use peel on Shrimp if you wish, just do me and everyone a favor, and I can not stress this enough, DE-VEIN YOUR SHRIMP. Yeah I am talking to you Joe's Crab Shack, that is nasty.
Sprinkle your herbs over the Shrimp and then thinly slice the lemons and cover the shrimp.
Put the steamer over a pot of boiling water for 7 to 9 minutes or until shrimp are pink, be careful, like a lot of shell fish they are easy to over cook, and then become really chewy.
Well I am going to try out this recipe I found for cookies, will let you know how it turns out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment